Monday 12 November 2012

NANO 2012 - Day 9

My dear friends
Friday 09.11.12 saw the start of a big day in my Nano writing month.
As I set my goals the Sunday before Nano started, I knew that if I could reach my weekly personal word count goals and certain milestones on the way, I stood a good chance to finish my book on time.  Well Friday 09.11.12 was a milestone day and when I saw how the week was playing out, I was able to book a day’s holiday to ensure that I reached my goal.  Yes, that is how important this is to me.
Reaching my milestone would not only mean that I could go on a guilt free, no writing weekend to Wales, but more importantly that I would have completed the first part of my three part Thriller. Well Friday evening I completed Chapter Eight and were over 16 000 words into my first ever book. I pushed the voices and characters back as I shut the laptop, very satisfied and chuffed with my progress.
I learnt a lot during the second week of NANO, about myself and my writing and made a few decisions, of which the most important I think, is the fact that I will finish this first draft during or just after Nano. I will then concentrate on another project I was working on and afterwards get back to my story with fresh eyes, ready for editing and then publishing.  Step by step I will move this story forward and I cannot wait to see the end result and your views on it. Now to keep going and finish it!
During our time in Wales the most hilarious short story popped into my head and I had to laugh out loud.  You will love it, so keep a lookout, it will soon appear somewhere. Dare I also add, that whilst we enjoyed the lovely Welsh Countryside on Sunday, a story that dwelled in my head for at least six months, suddenly came together. It will be in the genre I enjoy most, Historical Fiction and I cannot wait to start the exploration thereof on paper.
So there you have it! It’s the start of week three, I have written 16 324 so far and will move on to the second part of ‘Numbers’.

2 comments:

E.N. said...

That sounds great Conrad! I am 100% with you on the decision to pursue this with everything you have. I will do the same. Wish you the best of luck (even though luck has nothing to do with it)! Keep writing!

Conrad said...

Thanks Eliza, we will support each other and i am looking forward to reading your story. Well done on your word count wow!