Tuesday 20 November 2012

NANO 2012 – DAY 19

Well, where do I start??? 
After the early success of meeting my goals the week before and our lovely Wales trip, week Three started with a Bang, and a big one at that.
At work things were busy as always, but life added a few extras that made my time even more scarce which left me mentally and physically drained.  I managed only two, five o’clock early-bird-sessions, before I had to make the decision to take it easy. These extras saw me getting home well past nine and there were just no way to sustain the early mornings, lunchtime and evening sessions and on Friday everything came to a halt as I was knocked for a six by the news that my family was about to be directly affected by the current violence en the Western Cape.
As things stood, I only managed to write two days during my working week, which turned out 3791 words and I seriously started to doubt if I could complete the challenge at hand, not to mention finish my book which I completely love. Earlier the week I withdrew from all social media networks to keep my focus and thought if I just kept my head down and worked through everything, I would be ok, but soon realised that it would be impossible without my loving Feetjie and wonderful friends.
I therefore dedicate the past week to her and all my friends that helped me with advice, encouragement and lending their ever-patient ears. Your wonderful friendship pushed me on, gave me confidence and helped to ease some of the worries, so much so that just past 22:00 last night, I reached 35 000 words, on track and well on my way again.
I would love to name you, but it would be wrong. You know who you are.  
Thanks for keeping my dream alive!

May I please add that I had to pass on certain opportunities this week and I am sorry for the ones I disappointed in the process, believe me it was not easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conrad whatever happens in the next 20 days you have written 35,000 words of your book. This is an awesome achievement and you should be proud of yourself. Life has to come first, before fiction. Just write when you can and I will be cheering you on all the way.
Take care of yourself and those you love.
Adele

Gillswriting said...

Oh my friend, so sorry your week was so tough.

Have missed you on the sites and hope all is ok for you now.

We are all winners forget the 50k point is we are writing what we believe in.

Speak soon Xxx

Conrad said...

Thank you Adele and Gill. Your comments are really much appreciated and thanks for your friendship.