Friday 29 June 2012

Lady Gaga or Gagga (as in Gross)



The entire South Africa is in a buzz over the news that this International superstar will bring her "Born this Way" tour to SA, later this year. Tickets for her two performances were made ​​available and within 24 hours, the entire SA Internet network came grinding down. Hundreds of thousands tried their luck to get tickets, for she is not only Lady Gaga, one of the biggest pop stars in the world, but also one of the most controversial and I would lie if I say I'm not shocked at what I learned over the last week.

Since the news was released I could see that not everyone fancied this "lady".  Everywhere forums jumped up, horrified at the news and filled with anti-Gaga material. The most shocking for me was that she was not only referred to as a satanist, but the actual bride of satan. There were now also several web sources that analised her songs and advertised the 'real' or deeper meaning behind it.

Her hit ‘Alejandro’ has the following meaning with the names as follow:
‘Alejandro’ means: man’s defender and protector’ (GOD).
‘Fernando’ means: ardent for peace (JESUS).
‘Roberto’ means: bright or shiningly framed (HOLY SPIRIT).
‘Babe’ is the same as ‘child’

Now the lyrics again:
“Don’t call my name; don’t call my name, Alejandro(GOD).I’m not your child, i’m not your child, Fernando (JESUS). Don’t call my name; don’t call my name, Roberto (HOLY SPIRIT) Alejandro; Alejandro (GOD), Just let me go.”

This is just an example of one of her songs and I won’t get into the meanings behind "Bad romance" or "Judas" or what their videos depict according to the webhosts. She apparently also left a “bath drenched with blood” at the Intercontinental Hotel in London, where the staff saw it as part of a satanic ritual and reported it as such, to the wide world.

There are even those who go so far to widely broadcast that she as “
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta sold her soul to the devil for fame and fortune, suddenly having 8 million followers on Twitter; she is the top selling artist, and the top winner at the Grammys. This is clearly the devil at work!”

Now I stop and have to wonder about Elvis, Adele and even Paul McCartney, who at $ 67 million is the biggest earner of this year's winners at the Grammys. What about our own South African artists and celebrities? Are there no ‘weird and wonderful’ ones amongst them? I can think of a few that build big names, because of their strange-  and weirdness.
So, whether she is Lady Gaga or Gagga for you, she brings the "BORN THIS WAY BALL" to South Africa and will perform on 30 November in Johannesburg and 3 December in Cape Town.

On her website is the following: “I am SO EXCITED to be bringing THE BORN THIS WAY BALL to South Africa. Stadium shows! Its a dream come true, you'll have to show me around!”

Mmm, yes show her around...
She will have to know that she won’t be able to walk around in that meat skirt.  It’s Africa, Lion Country and many many hungry people...







3 comments:

Collet said...

Hou beslis baie van jou vertaling van die frases uit haar "Alejandro" liedjie.
Puik werk Conna!

Conrad said...

Baie dankie vir jou mooi woorde.

Amanda said...

Really great article, Conrad! I didn't realise her lyrics were so loaded - I'd love to know more about the other songs now, too!